On Tuesday 02 August 2005 07:16 am, Max Scarpa wrote:
> Estimeed listers
>
> I've the need to enlarge our JES2 checkpoint datasets (the main couple and
> the 'spare' dataset) first in test then in prod.
>
> Is there anyone that can provide a quick procedure to do it ? I read JES2
> tuning and inizialization guide but I don't understand if I've to define
> new datasets (via say IEFBR14) and then (at JES2 cold start) starting
> reconfiguration dialog or it can be done via JES2 commands renaming the old
> datasets and the new.
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated
>
> M. S.

Procedure is very easy.
1) Start reconfiguration dialog moving CKPT2 to CHPT1.
    Checkpoint is now on disk.
2) SETXCF FORCE old checkpoint
    Delete old checkpoint off coupleing facility
3) Define new CFRM policy with larger checkpoint
4) Activate new CFRM policy
5) Start reconfiguration dialog assigning new checkpoint to CKPT2
6) Continue dialog and move CKPT2 to CKPT1
    New CF Checkpoint is now CKPT1
7) Delete and reallocate new disk checkpoint
8) Start reconfiguration dialog assigning new checkpoint to CKPT2

FINI.

Mark Jacobs
Technical Services
Time Customer Service, Tampa
Time Warner
Freedom begins when you tell Mrs. Grundy to go fly a kite.

--LAZARUS LONG