In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on 08/02/2005
   at 11:20 AM, Ron and Jenny Hawkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>You really need to go back and read what I was responding to. Ted
>said that if he had a dedicated, custom sized volume for PLPA and
>another volume for Common, he would still allocate a one Cylinder
>PLPA on the dedicated volume and overflow to Common on another
>volume.
>I said this is silly and pigheaded. What do you think of this?

I think that if he never has a significant LPA load then it's
sensible, although in that case I don't see the point of two custom
volumes.

>What did you ever mean by that remark?

What I meant is that you need to examine the data for the system that
you're actually configuring, and that you can't rationally evaluate
someone's performance decisions if you don't know what his data are.
Not all shops have the same performance envelope.