From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Steve Comstock
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2005 10:48 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Need more PTF guidance

On a hunch, I went to the IBM tech support site
(https://techsupport.services.ibm.com/server/zseries.srchBroker)
where I found 2 PTF's that addressed my problem with PL/I and HFS.

But both PTF pages have this:

Applicable component levels
R703 PSY UQ91928           UP04/08/19 P F408
R705 PSY UQ91929           UP04/08/19 P F408
R706 PSY UQ91930           UP04/08/19 P F408
R707 PSY UQ91931           UP04/08/19 P F408
R708 PSY UQ91932           UP04/08/19 P F408

Select the PTF appropriate for your component level.

So, how do I select the applicable component level?
I guessed and tried the last, didn't work; then I tried the R705 because
I see I have HLE7705 FMID (I don't even know if that's the right FMID
for PL/I, but my colleague seemed to think it is).

Anyway, the un-terse goes OK, but the receive fails because there is no
match of sysmods. Arrrggggh!

I'm just shooting mostly in the dark anyway, so I come again asking for
some guidance: how can I find the correct FMID and component level so I
know what PTF to download?

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock

email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search
the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html