In a recent note, Charles Mills said:

> Date:         Tue, 23 Aug 2005 11:32:28 -0700
>
> Perhaps someone else knows for sure: there are or were some issues with
> concatenations (for regular QSAM GET) if the subsequent concatenations
> had BLKSIZEs greater than the first. You could try coding
> BLKSIZE=<longest BLKSIZE of any library in the concatenation> on the
> first DD.

Interestingly enough, IBM fixed that several years ago: BPAM
now uses the longest BLKSIZE, rather than the first.  (But does
CS use BPAM?)  Of course, there's always the possibility that
someone later wrote to the library, overriding with a BLKSIZE
less than the size of some block actually present in the
library.  But even that should result in an I/O error.  (Unless
the library is VIO.)

-- gil
--
StorageTek