>Would a reIPL function/system command be a useful thing for z/OS?  Perhaps:
>
>V XCF,SYSNAME,sysname,OFF,REIPL
>
>....would do the standard VARY XCF OFF thing and then direct LPAR to reIPL
>the same load parms as last time?
>
>Thoughts?
>
>Scott Fagen
>z/OS Core Technology Design
>IBM Poughkeepsie

What I've always disliked about V XFC,sysname,OFFLINE is that a System cannot
take itself out of the Sysplex.  I've always wanted a
command like: V XFC,*,OFFLINE, followed by the confirmation WTOR.  Then it
would tell all the other systems in the Sysplex it was going away
and would wait state itself.

Keith E. Moe
Laid Back Software, Inc.
http://www.laidbacksoftware.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(408) 749-0655 (voice and FAX)
(408) 480-2067 (cell)

"We take our clients seriously, not ourselves."