In a message dated 8/27/2005 11:04:00 A.M. Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Ps Its  probably just my Scottish blood coming through!!

It's one of those cases where you're both probably right. SHARE
contracts are made years in advance. The hotels are at liberty
to charge whatever they feel like on any given day. So maybe
the SHARE quota was fulfilled and they still had vacancies which
they were willing to lease for less than market vs empty.

I've had it happen a couple times and good hotels are practiced
at free upgrades for the sake of repeat business. The downside
is you're at risk of being booked twenty miles away at a flea bag
hostelry.