VSAM hasn't had volume ownership since the advent of ICF. I was still an
applications (Cobol) programmer then, MVS 5.1 or earlier. Sometime in
the 80's

> Bob Wright  - z/OS MVS Service Aids

Bob,

That sounds about right. I always disliked the IPCS handling of dumps.
It was just never (to me) a straight forward invocation like AMDPRDMP.
I fought it until the bitter end. Maybe because I was missing SHARE a
lot and never got to any of the sessions. That and I have a gut instinct
not to like VSAM. I dislike the VSAM volume ownership issue the most (I
think).

Any requirements out there to rid IPCS of any VSAM usage?

Ed

email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search
the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html