FTP to/from IBM is almost completely painless these days. If you do
it with a batch job direct from z/OS, well, I've not had it fail, except
for typos.
-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Ed Gould
Sent: Saturday, September 03, 2005 8:47 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: DUMP Datasets and SMS

On Sep 3, 2005, at 10:09 PM, ibm-main wrote:

-----------------SNIP------------------------------------

> Say what !!!!
> Ignore him Bob - IPCS is the ducks nuts.

Don't get me wrong its "OK" but give me AMDRDMP anyday.
I know there are things you can do in IPCS that its difficult the old
way There are cases for printing (like when IBM asks for them) I am not
advocating printing a SALONE dump at all.
Generally I have 1-2 times a year when IBM wants to print off something
from a dump and fax it to them. I know you can FTP (and I have done so)
dumps to IBM. But the hassle alone is worth the avoidance, IMO. I had
better uses of my time than sending a dump via FTP to IBM. If they would
make it reasonably painless. I end up spending hours meanwhile I have
people stopping by the desk and asking what the status of this or that
is. Even if I can dedicate a slot of time it is aggravation that drives
me up the wall. ALmost never does a transfer go smoothly (at least IME).
IBM should provide, IMO, a error free (or almost) way of transmitting
dumps.

Ed