One tip for those trying batch FTP for the first time: make sure your ISPF EDIT
parms are set correctly (NUM OFF, I think) so that your line numbers do not
make gobbledygook of your commands.  With that done, I have never had a problem
with batch FTP: it works fine and usually runs at a very good clip.

Jon

<snip>

It's trivial. Here is JCL I used a couple of weeks ago to send a dump to
IBM:

//FTP2MVS  JOB 1,JAFFE,CLASS=A,MSGCLASS=T,NOTIFY=&SYSUID
// EXEC PGM=FTP,REGION=64M,TIME=NOLIMIT,PARM='(EXIT'
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSIN    DD *
 testcase.boulder.ibm.com
 anonymous
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 cd mvs/toibm
 mkdir 91690
 cd 91690
 bin
 put PMR91690.D050811.DUMP0C4.TRSD
 quit
//

As you can see, I like to upload into my own subdirectory (in this case
91690). Others prefer to upload dumps directly into mvs/toibm/.
</snip>