Hi Greg,

Is there a reason this cannot be tied to a DB2 address space that will clean
it up when it terminates?

The APAR even said

 "This occurs because the MVS service
  aid tracking is done based on the HOME ASID at the time of the
  GETMAIN.  In actuality, the storage gotten is being tracked and
  managed by the corresponding DB2 PRIMARY ASID.

It seemed that DB2 could just do the STORAGE OBTAIN and specify
OWNER=PRIMARY if that is what they wanted ownership to reflect.

,OWNER=HOME
,OWNER=PRIMARY
,OWNER=SECONDARY
,OWNER=SYSTEM

Specifies the entity to which the system will assign ownership of requested
CSA, ECSA, SQA, and ESQA
 storage. The system uses this ownership information to track the use of
CSA, ECSA, SQA and ESQA
 storage. This parameter can have one of the following values:

 HOME The home address space
 PRIMARY The primary address space
 SECONDARY The secondary address space
 SYSTEM The system (the storage is not associated with an address space);
specify this value if you expect the requested storage to remain allocated
after termination of the job that obtained the storage.

 The default value is OWNER=HOME. The system ignores the OWNER keyword
unless you specify a CSA, ECSA, SQA, or ESQA subpool on the SP parameter.
 Storage tracking is available as of MVS/SP release 4.3. However, programs
that issue the STORAGE OBTAIN macro with the OWNER parameter can run on any
MVS system from MVS/SP 3.1 to the current release.

It really seems like the owner should be a real DB2 address space and not a
DB2 monitor and not SYSTEM which should be reserved for things like SRB
pools, resource managers, etc. owned by components that don't have an
address space and "live" in every space in the system where they are
invoked.

        Thanks,

                Sam Knutson, GEICO
                Performance and Availability Management
                mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                (office)  301.986.3574

I cannot forecast to you the action of Russia. It is a riddle wrapped in a
mystery inside an enigma. - Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill