In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on 09/06/2005
   at 06:56 AM, Paul Gilmartin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>I don't understand the architecture here.  Is SNA a layer under NJE?

Not exactly; NJE is a protocol that could run over BSC, CTCA or SNA[1]
connections. IBM has added native TCP/IP as a fourth transport option.

>How about VTAM?

NJE requires VTAM for SNA or TCP/IP connecti8ons, but not for BSC or
CTCA.

>Why has TCP/IP so surpassed SNA?

Fashion. Dynamic routing. Availability on multiple platforms. Limited
name space.

[1] SNA over TCP/IP is still SNA.