[Sigh...] I guess I'll have to write YADR (Yet Another Date Routine).

At 05:21 PM 9/12/2005, Kirk Talman wrote:

>POPS
>(http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr/BOOKS/DZ9ZR003/4.6.1.1?SHELF=&DT=20040504121320&CASE=)
> coming attractions:
>
>"14. At some time in the future, new models will use a carry from bit
>position 0 of the TOD clock to increment an additional eight-bit binary
>counter. STORE CLOCK EXTENDED will store the contents of this counter in
>byte position 0 of its storage operand. A variation of SET CLOCK will set
>the counter, as well as the TOD clock. Variations of SET CLOCK COMPARATOR
>and STORE CLOCK COMPARATOR will manipulate a comparable byte at the left
>of the clock comparator. These actions will allow the TOD clock to
>continue to measure time within the standard epoch after the current
>143-year limit caused by a carry from bit position 0 has been exceeded,
>and they will allow continued use of the clock comparator. It may be
>desired to have programs that process 16-byte STORE CLOCK EXTENDED
>operands take these future developments into account."
>
>Apparently non-zero values of the STCKE return byte zero are not yet
>simulated.
>
>pup not holding breath
>
>Art Celestini <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote 9/12/2005 4:10 PM
>
>I'm testing some code on z/OS 1.5 and find that CONVTOD will not accept a
>year greater than 2042, even though an ETOD is requested.  Does anyone
>know if there is an APAR that extends this limit?  I'm trying to use it
>for date calculations that could, potentially, involve dates that are 100
>years into the future.

Art Celestini       Celestini Development Services
Phone: 201-670-1674                    Wyckoff, NJ
Mail sent to the "From" address  used in this post
will be rejected by our server.   Please send off-
list email to:  ibmmain<at-sign>celestini<dot>com.