I've run each product at different times but never did a conversion. But to
me there's one overriding consideration: is all shared DASD within a
parallel sysplex? In other words, are you converting to GRS star? If so, go
for it. If not, beg your boss not to make you do it. MIM has some big
advantages over GRS ring mode, which is far harder to manage, including
less dynamic and more prone to serious and far-reaching disruptions.

There's nothing that beats GRS star, but if that is not doable, you're
better off staying with MIM. I've heard that advice from IBM account reps!

.
.
.
JO.Skip Robinson
Southern California Edison Company
SHARE MVS Program Co-Manager
626-302-7535 Office
323-715-0595 Mobile
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU> wrote on 09/19/2005
02:19:07 PM:

> Hi,
>
> I have been given a project to migrate one of our customers systems from
MIM
> to GRS. I have a good understanding of both MIM and GRS both have never
> actually done a migration before.
>
> Would anyone have any useful information (presentations, hints & tips)
when