Last time I noticed something like this, we put it down to "early
starters".
Online regions not getting used overnight, wound up getting (heavily)
trimmed. First arrival in the morning whacks the "Enter" key and (probably)
strolls off to get a coffee.
Different office, similar scenario, but hitting a different region. Mad
scramble for swap-in of large working sets.
Once they are in and active, no paging.

This was a while ago in a different age, prior to WLM and big real storage,
but I suspect the same situation could be a possibility.

Shane ...