In a recent note, "Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.)" said:

> Date:         Mon, 26 Sep 2005 08:44:41 -0300
> In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on 09/25/2005
>    at 07:32 PM, Paul Gilmartin <[log in to unmask]> said:
>
> >I'm not sure that convention, widespread as it is rises to the status
> >of "standard".
>
> Nor did I say that it did; in fact, I've been at shops where B was a
> print class, although that breaks some of the IBM cataloged
> procedures.

I was referring to:

   Linkname: Re: Suppress carriage-control characters in SYSOUT?

... in which you stated, and I quoted, but you snipped:

    ... The standard way to send binary files is with IDTF encoding,
            ^^^^^^^^
    using the XMIT command.  [Emphasis added.]

-- gil
--
StorageTek
INFORMATION made POWERFUL