Dave,
you know that you can monitor enclaves with RMF3 - Overview - Enclaves?
RMF3 recently helped me to track down a CPU problem with enclaves.
Hth,
Werner

Dave Kopischke wrote:

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 14:38:38 -0400, Patrick.Falcone wrote:

Can you share the product? Is it WAS? You say you've checked paging, how
about swapping? What is the capture ratio during the problem time frame?
Also, Mark makes a good point about enclave tracking, unfortunately it may
not be obvious with traditional monitoring.

The product is a new release of a JAVA API that allows access to Mobius'
View Direct product. The API is hosted on either a Windows server or a UNIX
server. They have both versions here and they're testing both. The API is
new to all allow viewing of color documents. I'm told the JAVA interface
communicates through IP Sockets to the VTAM View Direct app. I know very
little about the changes to the product. I'm not certain that the issue is
caused by this product yet either, but it is my leading contender. I don't
want to say bad things about the product (yet), but if it helps to nail the
cause, I'll throw it out there.

No WAS. No DB2. Enclaves are an interesting direction, but I don't know
what would be spawning enclaves within the process. I've been away from the
product for a couple years, so I haven't kept up on its upgrades and
direction.

RMF reports are running now. I'll post what I find.

Werner Kuehnel
IMD GmbH (Mannheimer Versicherung)
Mannheim - Germany