On Mon, 3 Aug 2009 15:31:40 -0500, Ron Wells <rwe...@agfinance.com> wrote:

>Kirk
>What I recv'd back from Pgm'r..
>>>>

>yep, the 8 char limit would be a huge limitation to building a class
>structure, but then again, we've been working with 4 char program names on
>SCORE for who knows how long... i'm sure we would come up with a nice
>convention for naming.
>
>my desire is to execute everything solely within the TSO environment.
>
>so rather than writing my code and putting it in a jar file on HFS, and
>then in my batch job doing something like this:
>//XA344JVA JOB (6000),'AARON DUNLAP',CLASS=B,MSGCLASS=S,
>//        MSGLEVEL=(1,1),NOTIFY=&SYSUID
>//*********************************************************************
>//SA20 EXEC PROC=JZOS,
>// JAVACLS='jabs.replication.upload.TASUploadMF',
>// ARGS='file:/u/eeepc/apps/config/mf/upload.properties'
>//STDENV DD *
>
> I want to do something like this:
>
>//XA344JVA JOB (6000),'AARON DUNLAP',CLASS=B,MSGCLASS=S,
>//        MSGLEVEL=(1,1),NOTIFY=&SYSUID
>//*********************************************************************
>//SA20 EXEC PROC=JZOS,
>// JAVACLS='XA344.PDS.JAVA(TESTCODE)',
>// ARGS='A.P1.CM.ZZ.BRCH.PARMLIB(MYPARM)'
>//STDENV DD *
>
>within the context of the class structure of java, this might not make
>much sense though...

The "magic consideration" is to write a "class loader" which can load Java
bytecode from a PDS member. There are a number of examples of "class
loaders" which can read bytecode in from a URL or even some sort of
database. ZFile can access a PDS, so some sort of "front end" should be able
to do this. Or perhaps Kirk Wolf and the brainiacs at Dovetailed
Technologies could enhance JZOS to have a "built in" class loader which can
load bytecode from a member of a PDS.

--
John