Ken,

A product like OPS/MVS has an Log BROWSE function that allows you to select or
eliminate messages from view.

So if I wanted to look at all of syslog but did not want to see the IGD
messages, I could use OPS/Browse to do that.

Before OPS/MVS came in shop, I would spin SYSLOG off to a data set (using SAS)
and have it write out everything execpt the messages I did not want to see.

Lizette