This doesn't help on the SYSLOG panel, unfortunately, but on the OPERLOG
panel, you can use SDSF's filter functionality.

>From the LOG panel, select FILTER.  Choose option 1, FILTER.  Then, in the
columns, set COLUMN equal to MSGID, OPER to NE, and VALUE to igd17223. If
you want to emulate syslog functionality on the operlog panel, you can
also use the filter functionality to limit the messages to a single
system.

---
Kevin McKenzie
External Phone: 845-435-8282, Tie-line: 8-295-8282
z/OS BCP SVT, Dept FXKA, Bldg 706/2D38

From:
"Klein, Kenneth" <kenneth.kl...@kyfb.com>
To:
IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Date:
08/05/2009 11:55 AM
Re: How to eliminate the igd17223i message from the syslog under sdsf.
Sent by:
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>

 That's good to know. But it's not that I want to prevent the messages
from going to syslog, it's that I don't want to have wade thru pages and
pages of them when I browse the syslog on SDSF.

Ken Klein
Sr. Systems Programmer
Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance - Louisville
kenneth.kl...@kyfb.com
502-495-5000 x7011