On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 15:20:53 -0500, Mark Zelden
<mark.zel...@zurichna.com> wrote:

>"CONCATENATION ENHANCEMENT:  Like-attribute concatenation will be
>allowed for eligible data sets with different block sizes in any
>order; the largest no longer need be first.  Eligible data sets are
>partitioned or sequential data sets that are DASD-resident, accessed
>by QSAM, and for which the system obtained buffer space.

Interesting wording.
"partitioned ... data sets ... accessed by QSAM ..."

If they really meant that, wouldn't that restrict this enhancement
to a concatenation sequential datasets and/or PDS members?
Doesn't a PDS or concatenation of PDSs have to be accessed by
BPAM?

I assume they meant QSAM or BPAM.
(I could ask for the umpteenth time why there is no QPAM, but
I won't.)

Pat O'Keefe