On 12 Aug 2009 10:00:07 -0700, jmck...@healthmarkets.com (McKown,
John) wrote:

>> But it's now and into the future about share holder
>> value...to coin a phrase I heard while working for Best Foods
>> in Englewoodcliffs, N.J.   ... from the President of the
>> North American Division O' by the way he was from Germany.
>
><giggle> Theoretically that is true. The reality sometimes varies. In most
>cases that I've seen in the US, it is about making the CEO's and other "big
>wigs" bonuses shine.

Most everyone is working to make their own performances shine.    The
difference here between me and the CEOs is that the CEOs have more
power.

When I am more interested in making people happy with my performance
than with analyzing alternatives that will help the company (but not
my career), the loss isn't big.    When the CEOs do the same thing, we
all pay.