>For BSAM and QSAM looking at the EXCP will not tell you if buffering has
>changed because it is the count of blocks processed. Set BUFNO to 1 or 8 and
>you will still get the same EXCP count.

I can't remember when exactly.
But, you have been able to change EXCP to service rather than blocks for a long
time.
So, each 'EXCP' becomes 8.3 ms of connect time, under that option.
I can't remember the exact option (or even release of the OS), but it's been
around for a long time.

In that case, 1, or 8, BUFNO makes a difference.
-
Too busy driving to stop for gas!