Back to the original question/problem.  I'm assuming that your programmers
are not complaining that they problem is the number of I/O's or EXCPS have
gone up because they could probably check those figures for themselves in
the actual JOB output, but that it "feels" to them like jobs that do a lot
of I/O seem to be taking longer to run.

This could be any of several issues related to your parmlib settings or WLM
settings where you are penalizing high I/O, or could be a hardware issue
that coincided with your OS upgrade.  I couldn't even count the number of
problems that I have searched on during and after upgrades that turned out
to be something that the site's CE decided to implement during the "outage".
 So don't limit your searching to z/OS 1.10 possibilities as it could very
well be a hardware issue that you had very little control over.

Check to be sure that your WLM settings have not changes in an unwarranted
manner.  This may not be an issue of everything being bad, just that some
jobs are now taking longer while a lot of others are running "faster".  I
think you shoudl probably err on the side of caution and assume that they
have a point until you can prove otherwise.  They won't believe you anyway
without proof. If you were allowed to function without proof, you would be
one of them. :)

Have you checked to be sure that your PAV settings are still there.  You may
have lost your dynamic PAV in the quest for HyperPAV.  Also, you may want to
see if your CE (IBM or other) has made changes to your RAID.  It's possible
that you may have lost some cache, or some of the features are not set as
they were previously.

Is it only certain datasets, or certain volumes (or subsets of volumes) that
"appear" to be affected?  For instance, is it only a few VSAM files that may
exhibit the perceived problem?  What has changed (if anything) about their
location?  Once you can quantify something concrete, it will make the job
much easier.  Once you locate some common threads you can start to zoom in
on where the issue is presenting itself and figure out what may have changed.

It's also completely possible that there may not be a problem, but
programmers, (being what they are), will need you to "prove" that nothing
has changed.  If you check everything and see absolutely no difference in
the jobs, then you can move into that response.

If you need to contact me offline about this, feel free to do so and let me
know what I can do to help.

Brian