On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 00:34:28 -0500, Barbara Nitz <nitz-...@gmx.net> wrote:

>Besides, when a sysprog monitors the IPL, it is usually because changes were
>made and we need to check if there are problems, It is really hard to sit in
>front of the console and wait for the messages to scrawl by. (Hence my wish
>to be able to use K to change rtme and del to *my* preferred values.)

I'm sure this isn't in the area being looked at, but it made me think...

It might be nice if there was an IPL parm / option to have the NIP messages
stop and prompt you to continue when a screen fills up similar to SAD.
With emulated consoles, the messages scroll by so fast it can be nearly
impossible to look for something you want to see except after the fact
by examining the syslog / operlog.    The only other option is to
disconnect the consoles and use the HMC, which you can scroll.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
mailto:mark.zel...@zurichna.com