From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of John Kelly
Sent: Thursday, August 20, 2009 10:50 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: DFSMS and deleting expired data sets by management class

<snip>
 I turned off the auto backup and my test datasets were deleted when
they
expired.
<unsnip>

Rex,  now you have me really mystified. I thought that the thread
indicated that you  had HSM backup the DSNs (DCLASS, DSORG, etc) but
they
wouldn't delete. Now it appears that you changed the MGMTCLAS to 'no
backup' and they delete OK?

Jack Kelly
202-502-2390 (Office)