We use the ListUser command to list the RACF profile.
This way there is no "external" database to keep in sync with RACF.

Here is a small example:

/*REXX*/
parse upper arg ruserid

/*trace ?I */
x= Outtrap("lu.",'*',"noconcat") /* Trap the output */
/* Issue the lu command */
ADDRESS "TSO" "LU "ruserid
x = outtrap("OFF");

IF (POS("NAME=",lu.1) > 0) THEN
  name = substr(lu.1,POS("NAME=",lu.1)+5,22);

say name

return

Eric Spencer
Product Author