<yawn>
You don't even need to know the actual userids. Just the pattern. Then, very
simply, in a loop in REXX, do an ftp to 127.0.0.1 specifying a userid and "n"
tries at a password. Or submit job after job with USER=...,PASSWORD=... on it.
Say, 10 jobs per userid. ftp is "safer" in that somebody is likely to notice
all those batch jobs hitting the system. But they are not as likely to notice
the ftp failures.

Of course, this assumes that the person is fairly IT literate, has batch access
with REXX coding knowledge. The ftp could might even be easier using Windows
(or Linux) scripting to generate the ftp input.
</yawn>

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV

Administrative Services Group

HealthMarkets(r)

(817) 255-3225 phone * (817)-961-6183 cell