On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 11:24:11 -0500, Kelman, Tom
<thomas.kel...@commercebank.com> wrote:

>Has anyone pointed out in this discussion that there might be a
>financial benefit to the customer to download via the internet.  We
>recently got all our IBM licensing changed so we could download by the
>internet because then we don't have to pay sales tax as we did when
>receiving tapes.  That might be one argument to convince management to
>allow the connection.  Of course, the non-payment of sales tax probably
>depends on the particular state.  However, in my previous job in a
>different state half way across the country, the situation was the same
>- download via the internet and don't pay sales taxes.
>
>Tom Kelman

Good point.  The reason we've been requesting it if possible for years from
all vendors.

Prior to internet delivery for download of Serverpac, someone from IBM would
come in with the tapes, mount them and take them away when we were
done for the same reason.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden