On Mon, 7 Sep 2009 09:39:20 -0600, Steve Comstock wrote:

>Miklos Szigetvari wrote:
>>
>> It is not so,  I get the stupid  C/C++ default DCB attributes .
>> How is wrong ?  me (propably) C/C++ LE (maybe) SMS - allocation  ?
>
>I imagine if you don't supply values, the compiler
>inserts its defaults. DATACLAS will only override
>non-supplied values, so you get the compiler supplied
>values. You need to explicitly code zeros in your
>code to override the compiler defaults; then ACS
>routines have a chance.

At what point in processing does SMS insert the values obtained
from DATACLASS?  If it's prior to entering the DCB OPEN exit,
SMS values should be as good as values coded on the JCL DD
statement.  Are those effective?  Or does the CRTL do something
really unorthodox such as examining the JFCB to decide whether
to supply its own values?

Is the behavior the same if you allocate the file, either with
JCL DD or with BPXWDYN, and open with the DD:ddname construct?

I know that IBM has modified programs (IEBGENER, Rexx), perhaps by
APAR, to eliminate their thwarting the operation of SDB, which
comes in after the DCB OPEN exit.  Perhaps this, also, is APARable.

-- gil