Gil,

>Good.  Then which has precedence: attributes in the DATACLASS, or
>attributes supplied in the DCB OPEN exit?

In the past, the values specified in jcl, dataset label and program took
precedence over anything in the dataclass. According to a posting by Kees, it
looks like IBM has made a recent change that I need to research. The open exit
of course can mangle anything and would have the greatest say so in the past
and probably still is "king of the hill".

Regards,
John