You laugh ...

I am working with a company that literally did this. They shipped a very large disk array to the central computing center and placed it next to the production array; synchronously copied all the data; found a quiet point on a Sunday morning and split the link; uncabled the array; shipped it across country to the BC site (Business Continuity now, not Disaster Recovery); they are in the process of cabling it up; will turn it on next weekend and away with go with a recovery drill.

I didn't write the cost/benefit analysis for this.

Tom Moulder

P S wrote:
On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 6:26 PM, Edward Jaffe