Scott Barry wrote:
CA Common Services (CAIRIM) is writing SMF 89 data today, contributing to
SMF 89 and MULC (SMF type 30) analysis and reporting for many of its
software products.  This effort came about in the past year's time-frame,
having been revealed (remember - CA does not announce futures!) at CA World
2007.  The product identification is delivered by CA as a PTF, if
interested, to resolve the individual product names based on their CA LMP
key identification.

I think what Peter is saying is that such records are most likely NOT being created by CAIRIM. That is, it's unlikely that any CA-written code formats an SMF89 record and calls the SMFWTM service to write it to SMF. It's far more likely that CAIRIM simply uses the IFAEDxxx services to register/deregister their products and/or IFAUSAGE to write MULC data. Those actions will indirectly cause SMF89s to be produced. That's what our products do. I suspect, that's what they do too... Correct me if I'm wrong...

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc