Hi,

Most of us could be seen as "Sitting in a dark room reading IBM manuals for
a living", or that's what I have been doing for most of my life but I am
trying to think a little "wider".

So, you might say where are you going with this ?

Anybody remembers where JES comes from ... and by the way , for those that
do not read the newspapers, NASA also tried to cash in on the "NEW ORLEANS"
thing by saying "They need  101 Billion dollars to build a better and more
reliable shuttle". They claimed that , if it was not for NASA , then nobody
would have even seen the Hurricane coming because they provided the
satellite images to the National Hurricane centre.

Ok.. ok... let me get to the point because the people on this list want to
see the point :

Speculation : Because the FEDS are spending like a drunken sailor. What's
going to happen in the next 6 to 12 months is that there is going to be a
major backlash when the average American starts to understand the tremendous
deficit they are going to sit with. Then you are going to have a
"over correction" with tremendous budget cuts.  Meaning lots of IBM
computers in Federal/State sites will be merged into single computer
centers. Even NASA will financially suffocate because lots of people are
starting to say "Why do we need to go to MARS if we have no jobs on EARTH".

SO we will have a "correction/downsizing" in the mainframe world. Just like
what happened in the "Credit Card" world in the last 6 months. This week the
American Car companies announced that they are forcing their suppliers to a
smaller group, to reduce costs. Meaning more people will lose their jobs.

Conclusion :

It's a sad day for those of us that made our living in the Mainframe World
because things are going to even get more tight.

That is why I called this thread "Is a Hurricane going to hit IBM" !!

Note: My apology to the open minded more intelligent participants of this
list but I unfortunately had to explain more.... much more for the lights to
come on for some.

Anton

Speculation : ( That's when something is not factual)