Hi,
We would like to use DFSMShsm ABARS to transfer an applications datasets
from one lpar to another. The transfer will take place more than once,
first during a test period and then again at the cut-over. DFSMShsm
ABARS makes it possible to bundle active, ML1 and ML2 datasets and get
them to the target lpar into the same categories. When we repeat the
transfer during the test period and finally at cut-over, we need to
first delete the datasets on the target lpar. Does DFSMShsm ABARS offer
help to identify the datasets so that they can be deleted, even more so,
further datasets that are created by the said application?

The Redpaper "DFSMShsm ABARS Aggregate Stacking Procedure" (This
document REDP-4444-00 was created or updated on July 30, 2008.) gives an
overview and samples for ABARS.

In the Redbook "DFSMShsm ABARS and Mainstar Solutions" (Aug 2002) I see
the Mainstar Solutions' sister products ASAP and Backup & Recovery
Manager. Would I be dependant on these products to do this application
migration?

I would appreciate your help.

Regards,
Allan Boyles