For a regular batch program, yes.  Unfortunately most of our programs are IMS,
and as far as I know you cannot pass PARM data down to the application program.

For those who don't know IMS, this is how an IMS batch program is executed:

//STEP01    EXEC PGM=DFSRRC00,
//             PARM=(DLI,DDADMP,DDMPPSB)

DFSRRC00 is the IMS driver program, which calls DL/I application program called
DDADMP using a DL/I PSB called DDMPPSB.

Obviously I could use a separate dataset to contain the plan et all, but then I
can't use symbolic parms.

Frank

On 9/17/2009 at 9:36 AM, in message
<6133ad1f0909170836q22bed236w6d4ece6d36a82...@mail.gmail.com>, Don Leahy