Hello,

I've been beating my head against the wall for a while on this one and
wondering if anyone has any thoughts that may help me in troubleshooting.  I am
having issues with an FTPS connection to a remote host.  IBM Z/OS 1.8 (our
side) client connecting to a Unix FTPS server running proftpd.

This is outside a firewall, but ports have been open between our two locations.

Windows clients aren't having any issues connecting to their server.  We are
using RACF for the certificates and I have verified that the certificate chain
is in place for the user.  Is anyone able to steer me in the right direction
troubleshooting?

FC0760 authServer: entered
FC0767 authServer: secure_socket_open()
SC3717 getFNDELAY: entered
FC0834 authServer: secure_socket_init()
FU0536 secureWrite: entered
FU0436 secureRead: entered
SC3752 setFNDELAY: entered
FC0847 authServer: secure_socket_init failed with rc = 406 (Error while reading
or writing data)
FC1004 endSecureConn: entered
EZA2897I Authentication negotiation failed
FC1025 endSecureEnv: entered
SC3607 inSession: entered
CZ0582 SETCEC code = 17
EZA2898I Unable to successfully negotiate required authentication
CX0336 main: error and exit on error
SC3558 getLastReply: entered
CX0350 main: RC=-0001 cmd_in_progress=10
CX0353 main: last_reply= 220 err=17
PC0905 setClientRC: entered
SC3558 getLastReply: entered
PC0975 setClientRC: std_rc=10220, rc_type=STD, rc=10220
EZA1735I Std Return Code = 10220, Error Code = 00017
CZ1170 ftpQuit: entered
CZ1242 ftpClose: entered
SC3607 inSession: entered
SC3686 setLoggedIn: entered