In your SYSFTPD DD or equivalent specify:
TLSPORT           0   ; don't treat port 990 as implicit TLS
--

Frank Swarbrick
Applications Architect - Mainframe Applications Development

On 9/24/2009 at 7:03 AM, in message
<901b5ee367d94b4180048494d49a897c052e1...@emo-exmb-m-402.main.ads.uscg.mil>,
"Finley, Frank" <francis.e.fin...@uscg.mil> wrote:
> Thank you for the pointers,
>
> It looks like the issue is resolving back to the server side running
> explicit FTPS on port 990 rather than implicit which is what you would
> normally expect on that port.  Apparently this was done to get around some
> firewall limitations with the normal port 21.
>
> Is there a way to force the connection to use explicit FTP on my side while
> connecting to port 990, I can not seem to find any settings in the ftp.DATA
> file that would do it, and my google fu is failing me.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Frank Finley, CISSP
> Information Systems Security Officer
> United States Coast Guard
> Pay and Personnel Center, Topeka KS
> (ph) - 785-339-3578
> (cell) - 785-813-1812

The information contained in this electronic communication and any document
attached hereto or transmitted herewith is confidential and intended for the
exclusive use of the individual or entity named above.  If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for
delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
examination, use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
or any part thereof is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail
and destroy this communication.  Thank you.