On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 13:06:01 -0400, Scott Rowe
<scott.r...@joann.com> wrote:

>I understand the concerns, but this sounds like a good reason for
>all ISVs to review their code.  ...

Not just ISV; shops should review their own code, too.

>My point is that there is no 100 byte limit on the interface, there
>is only a limit on the implementation.

And the good news: there is time to perform those reviews.

Regardless of how much we yammer here about long parm support
in JCL, IBM is not likely to implement it for a while.  And unless we
decide what we want and put it in a formal requirement, it's not
likely to happen at all.  (And I'm using that "we" a bit broadly,  of
course, since I won't be part of it.)

Pat O'Keefe