On Sat, 26 Sep 2009 21:17:52 -0400, Robert A. Rosenberg <hal9...@panix.com>
wrote:

>At 17:05 -0700 on 09/26/2009, Stuart Holland wrote about IDCAMS
>delete with mask:
>
>>The delete with mask feature currently defaults to only looking in the
>>master catalog. You have to code the CATALOG parameter to have it look
>>anywhere else. There is an APAR open to remove this restriction. It also
>>does not work under TSO. There is a separate APAR for that.
>
>IMO that restriction should not exist in the first place (so long a
>the mask does not affect which catalog you are referencing). IOW: If
>the unmasked part of the name leads to a catalog by following the
>alias chain, that should be enough for it to work without needing to
>alter IDCAMS's processing by supplying it with a CATALOG parm.

You would think.   I think most if not all the room (who hadn't already worked
with 1.11 via ESP or vendor programs) was surprised at the session I was in
at SHARE when this (illogical?) behavior was described.    At least it is
getting
rectified a lot quicker than the shortcomings of the SMF logger dump program
(IFASMFDL) did.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden