On 29 Sep 2009 11:03:53 -0700, eamacn...@yahoo.ca (Ted MacNEIL) wrote:

>>MVS has hardly "stood still."  If there are really those who haven't learned
>>anything in 30 years, how are they surviving in a world of WLM, SMS, the
>>logger, etc. etc.?
>
>D*mn good points!
>I was going to respond, but I couldn't find a polite way.
>There are many good (and progressive) changes in System z (s&h)/w, and a
>strong requirement to keep up!
>Yes, it has a few warts, but that's even a better reason to evolve.
>-

That "strong requirement" doesn't seem to include resumes and job
security when the decision makers don't see "world of WLM, SMS, the
logger, etc. etc." as being their world.    What they see is the WWW.
They want to pull management data to their spread sheets, and they
want their employees to access data in the (physical) warehouse, in
customers' shops, and at home.