On 29 Sep 2009 06:41:09 -0700, john.mck...@healthmarkets.com (McKown,
John) wrote:

>I already am familar with Linux. It is my main OS at home (I have a Mac as
>well).

I'm curious - do you use BASH shell features of your Unix based Mac
such as scripts?    Or do you use GUI for your Linux machine?

Sometimes it really doesn't matter too much what OS a user uses - we
are primarily using applications.   On our secured machine, we tend to
have only two levels of security, we tend to not write too many
applications that really care about the core OS.

It's hard to actually come up with stuff I want to do at home that
actually translate into useful OS experience that would translate to
using that OS on a mainframe.