From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Dazzo, Matt
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 2:54 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: GETMAIN Error At IPL

We have been running on zos1.9 for 6 weeks with no issues until 2
weekends ago. When operations performed the weekly IPL, tasks (vendor
and system sub tasks) started abending with get main errors. The system
became unresponsive and we were forced to re-ipl, with the second ipl I
told ops to use the load clear option. The system then came up with no
problems.

The log showed that the CA task GSSA abended first, I sent the dump to
CA and got a fix and applied it. The following weekend the same thing
happened, I had ops  re-ipl with load clear option and the system came
up with no problems. CA is now referring us to another vendor saying
they saw another vendors module in the dump of GSSA. I'm trying to
circumvent chasing vendors.

My question is, has anyone else had these problems running zos 1.9 on
Z890-A04. There have been no system or vendor software upgrades since
the z19 upgrade. Search of the archives did not show anything fairly
recent.

Any ideas? Thanks Matt

This e-mail message and any attachments transmitted with it are confidential
and are intended solely for the use of its authorized recipient(s). If you are
not an intended or authorized recipient, you are hereby notified that any
disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the
information contained in this e-mail is prohibited. If you have received this
message in error or are not authorized to receive it, please immediately notify
the sender and delete the original message and all copies of it from your
computer.