From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Mark Zelden
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 3:18 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: GETMAIN Error At IPL

On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 14:53:53 -0400, Dazzo, Matt <mda...@pch.com> wrote:

>We have been running on zos1.9 for 6 weeks with no issues until 2 weekends
ago. When operations performed the weekly IPL, tasks (vendor and system sub
tasks) started abending with get main errors. The system became unresponsive
and we were forced to re-ipl, with the second ipl I told ops to use the load
clear option. The system then came up with no problems.

>The log showed that the CA task GSSA abended first, I sent the dump to CA
and got a fix and applied it. The following weekend the same thing happened,
I had ops  re-ipl with load clear option and the system came up with no
problems. CA is now referring us to another vendor saying they saw another
vendors module in the dump of GSSA. I'm trying to circumvent chasing vendors.

>My question is, has anyone else had these problems running zos 1.9 on
Z890-A04. There have been no system or vendor software upgrades since the
z19 upgrade. Search of the archives did not show anything fairly recent.

z/OS 1.9 for 6 weeks or z/OS 1.10?  I just wanted to make sure because if
this was z/OS 1.10 I would point you to APAR OA27291 and to DIAGxx to
see if anything was coded for VSM USEZOSV1R9RULES.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
mailto:mark.zel...@zurichna.com