On Thu, 1 Oct 2009 11:23:41 -0500, Ward, Mike S <mw...@ssfcu.org>
wrote:

>Is this product you speak of still available?

Yes, after some searching around the Mainstar (Rocket Software) site for
VSAM MANAGER, it appears to be a separate product.

It is also packaged in their CR+ (Catalog Recovery) product because back in
the 1990s I saw that I could improve ICF Catalog (a VSAM file) if I analyzed
with VSAM Manager. I strongly suggested to Ron that if indeed CR+ was
supposed to be an analysis and fixit product for catalogs, then performance of
a working catalog was just as important as non-performance of a broken
catalog. He probably heard this from other people besides the Old guy in
WashDC. Eventually the functions of VSAM Manager were folded into the CR+
product.

I seem to remember Ron published a book on VSAM which was quite good and
written for the novice. Again the collective wisdom of the book is in the
product although one could take the book, follow the steps and do the
analysis manually.

Jim