Many years ago the company I worked for had a 3031. We added the AP to it. Soon
after, we started experiencing random 0Cx abends that made no sense when the
dump was examined. The abends were in user and IBM code. CEs could find no
problem so it had to be software. The PSR agreed that the data in the dump was
valid. There were even samples where registers were wrong (did not match the
storage that they were loaded from). HW started looking again. The problem did
not occur with the AP offline. The problem was narrowed down to the TLB, with
it off all was good. Replaced TLB. Still failed. An old CE came in with a data
scope. The problem - the TLB was receiving the "here's data" signal 1.5ms ahead
of the data, causing the TLB to load with all 1 bits. There was an optional EC
that reduced a section of tri-lead by 18 inches. The EC fixed the problem.

Dennis Roach
GHG Corporation
Lockheed Martin Mission Services
Facilities Design and Operations Contract
NASA/JSC
Address:
   2100 Space Park Drive
   LM-15-4BH
   Houston, Texas 77058
Mail:
   P.O. Box 58487
   Mail Code H4C
   Houston, Texas 77258
Phone:
   Voice:  (281)336-5027
   Cell:   (713)591-1059
   Fax:    (281)336-5410
E-Mail:  dennis.ro...@lmco.com

All opinions expressed by me are mine and may not agree with my employer or any
person, company, or thing, living or dead, on or near this or any other planet,
moon, asteroid, or other spatial object, natural or manufactured, since the
beginning of time.