Don't forget the junk at the bottom of emails.

"Take my advice. I'm not using it."   :-)

TImOTHY Hillock

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Eric Bielefeld
Sent: Friday, October 02, 2009 12:28 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Quoting Text

I don't usually post things like this, but I thought it was a good idea
bring this up, as it happens a lot lately.  I deleted all of the
original
text except the 3 lines added by IBM-Main so as not to identify the
original
poster.  There are 4 sets of lines added by the listserver on the
message I
am quoting, plus one more will be added on. When replying to a post,
please - scroll to the bottom and delete the old IBM-Main lines added by
the
listserver.  Also, there were 3 sets of text quoted.  I'm sure just the
last
posting was needed on email I quoted, so delete any old text not
referred to
by your post.

Darren should probably be posting this, but since his job changed, he
doesn't seem to monitor the list as much.  If we all delete whats not
needed, the University of Alabama will need to store much less
information,
and be happier to host our group.  If you need to see quoted text from 2

messages ago, you can always click on the link at the bottom of each
posting, and find the posting in the current months archives.  Then
click on
need.

I'm not picking on anyone, but a lot of people don't delete anything.
Also,
there are a few people that don't quote any text, and that can be
equally
frustrating, as sometimes its hard to figure out what the poster is
getting
at.

Eric Bielefeld
Sr. Systems Programmer