On 2009.10.05 09:45, concerning "500 Pound Gorilla & Downsizing",
Warner Mach <ma...@res...net> wrote to IBM-Main :

> [snip] the Maximus Leader would bring tours through the computer room.
> [snip] maintain and support the "big number cruncher" [snip] something
> that big and that important.

These days, with our burgeoning squatty box farm, I like to challenge
tour folx (being shown the 'squatty boxen') to determine which
machine is the mainframe since we take the least amount of space in
the room.  (ok, the 3494 ATL doesn't help since it's larger than the
both Dasd & Cpu boxes combined.)  The only clue most pick up on is
the shiny Green or Blue stripe up the door.

---------->  signature = 6 lines follows <--------------
Neil Duffee, Joe SysProg, U d'Ottawa, Ottawa, Ont, Canada
telephone:1 613 562 5800 x4585                 fax:1 613 562 5161
mailto:NDuffee of uOttawa.ca     http:/ /aix1.uottawa.ca/ ~nduffee
"How *do* you plan for something like that?" Guardian Bob, Reboot
"For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."
"Systems Programming: Guilty, until proven innocent" John Norgauer
2004