On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 13:52:24 -0500, Rabbe, Luke
<luke.ra...@countryfinancial.com> wrote:

>Does anyone have experience converting JES2 from static proclibs to dynamic
proclibs in a MAS?

>Do I need to bring down all members before restarting the MAS using the
dynamic proclib definitions or can I warm start a single member with dynamic
proclibs while the rest of the members continue to use the static proclibs?

You can do it one at a time (and hot start is good enough).

You actually could do it dynamically (which would override what is in
the JES2 JCL), but the syntax is not the most user friendly thing (per
another thread it would be nice for this function especially if you
could  "$ADD PROCLIB,MEMBER=xxxxxxx" to read the $ADD PROCLIB
command from a parmlib member).

>Are there any other issues I need to think about?

Can't think of any at the moment.  Some software products may not "fully"
support it.  I think I remember issues with some JCL check type products that
needed the libraries coded manually in one way or another.   But since
this has been around since z/OS 1.2 (I think that was it), there should be
support by now an any software you are running that needs the PROCLIB
concatenation for its own use.

--
Mark Zelden
mailto:mark.zel...@zurichna.com