Why is it called a memory leak? I think that's a distributed term. We
used to call it something else on the mainframe, but I can't remember
what.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of David Purdy
Sent: Monday, October 26, 2009 2:04 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Secret Service plans IT reboot

It probably was a 3081 - I may have a memory leak.  Tek had seven
business data centers and one engineering data center at the time.
Engineering was running a 3083 with VM/HPO5 for circuit simulation, and
circuit board design system for a time.  The disclaimer, "...if I
remember" is becoming more and more relevant.  Sorry for the
misinformation.

David Purdy