--- snip ---

To all who have helped with our research into GDPS with SRDF/A, THANKS!

What we've found is that virtually no one is running a GDPS with syncronous
data replication, and we fould only one instance of active data sharing across
sites.

-- snip --

Since I'm curious, I took a look at the EMC Web site to see what information I
could find about GDPS and SRDF.

Apparently it is supported (in synchronous mode). A Hyperwsap equivalent
(Autoswap) is also available.

Why is it that almost no-one is running GDPS (synchronous)? IMHO that is where
GDPS gets you the most.

I know of numerous installations (here in Germany) with IBM or HDS Storage
running GDPS with PPRC.

Just wondering why?

John